Orthodontic treatment is no longer just for teens in Hot Springs.
In fact, one in five orthodontic patients is over the age of 21 at Hall Orthodontics.
Adult Braces in Hot Springs
Many adults are choosing to receive treatment at Hall Orthodontics because they understand the importance of maintaining their health, and they want to feel better about their appearance.
Adults all over the Hot Springs area are taking advantage of the opportunity to receive orthodontic care, and now you can too.
Treatment Options for Adults
For many adults, the thought of having metal braces is enough to discourage them from receiving treatment.
However, today's orthodontic treatment options at Hall Orthodontics offer a variety of braces and appliances that are comfortable, aesthetic, and customized to meet your needs.
Types of braces include:
- Clear ceramic braces
- Self-ligating metal braces
- Invisalign invisible braces
Common Reasons for Adult Braces
- A bad bite or malocclusion, causing teeth to fit together incorrectly
- Teeth are crowded or spaced apart, possibly causing tooth decay or gum disease
- Abnormal jaw pain, or pressure that is caused by crooked teeth
- Desire for a healthier mouth and a more confident smile
Benefits of Adult Orthodontics
Why Is Orthodontic Treatment Important for Adults?
Orthodontic treatment for adults has a multitude of benefits! It can:
- Help prevent or improve periodontal problems
- Help prevent or reduce further bone loss around teeth
- Improve ability of the dentist to restore missing teeth
- Improve aesthetics for a better smile and facial appearance
- Improve function of teeth
- Improve self-confidence and self-esteem
- Improve oral health
The Difference in Adult Orthodontics
The main difference to remember when treating adults or children and teens, is that in younger patients the jawbones are still developing.
For adults, these bones have stopped growing, which may mean the possibility of orthognathic surgery to align the jawbones.
Other differences include:
- Gum or bone loss (periodontal disease) — Adults are more likely than children to experience gum recession or even bone loss due to gingivitis or advanced periodontal disease. Patients with straighter teeth are less likely to get gum disease.
- Worn or missing teeth — Over time teeth can become worn down and shift into different positions that can only be corrected with orthodontic care. Missing teeth can cause other teeth to shift and tilt, creating a bad bite and increasing the possibility of gum disease.
- Incomplete orthodontic treatment as a teen — Many adults received some orthodontic treatment as a child or teen, but never completed their treatment. As an adult, they choose to complete their orthodontic treatment to achieve the healthy, beautiful smile they always wanted.
Hall Orthodontics also recognizes that adults and children have different needs, and require a different level of attention and care. We will work with you to ensure that you receive the most appropriate treatments, and that your needs are met with understanding and respect from us.
Consider Orthodontic Treatment
Look Good, Feel Good
Orthodontic treatment can help boost your self-confidence, giving you a better quality of life and the freedom to smile without holding back!
Maintaining Dental Health
Not receiving orthodontic treatment when it's needed can create long-term health issues costing you more in the end.
Start your journey towards a healthy new smile today and schedule your free consultation with Hall Orthodontics. We understand that you have a busy schedule, and we will work with you to make sure each office visit is as convenient as possible.
Let's talk about your orthodontic options and develop a treatment plan that's customized to your needs and smile goals.